We have come to the end of another year of many achievements, development and impact!
We would like to share with you some important events of 2018:
- MOV mitigated its carbon emissions from the electricity consumed, business trips and home-to-work journeys of employees from the years 2016 and 2017
- Artemisia, A Banca and FGVCenn have launched ANIP (Peripheral Impact Business Accelerator), an initiative to develop peripheral businesses that solve social and environmental problems, and MOV is proud to have been one of the sponsors and partners of the program throughout the year!
- MOV’s first fund was GIIRS Rated (Global Impact Investing Rating System) for the third time. We are very proud of the excellent performance of our companies and of the fund, which is among the best evaluated funds in Latin America!
The companies that are part of our portfolio also brought many reasons to be proud of!
- Biofílica is expected to commercialize approximately 750 thousand tCO₂, helping to preserve native forest in the Amazon and reducing carbon emissions.
- Biofílica was elected the best forestry projects developer by Environmental Finance, one of the leading communication vehicles on environmental asset markets in the world.
- Órigo has become a Certified B Corp, which means a recognition that it is part of a group whose mission is to bring together the best companies for the world.
- Órigo has built 3 solar farms, amounting to 19.5MWp installed and more than 1 thousand customers connected to its platform.
- Órigo promoted access to photovoltaic solar energy for more than 2,350 families in Porto de Moz, an extractive reserve in Pará, at the riverbanks of the Xingu River, in the Amazon, where the inhabitants were previously without access to energy or were totally dependent on diesel generation
- Terra Nova has ratified the judicial settlement agreement for the land regularization of the Area “Cibraco”, where approximately 1,600 families live.
- Terra nova registered the land regularization agreement of the areas: Vaquejada, Pedreira and São Judas Tadeu (totaling 820 families).
- Triciclos received a second round of investments with the entry of two new funds: FCP Innovacion (Colombia) and FIS / Ameris (Chile), starting its operations in Peru and Colombia and expanding its activities in the applied circular economy model.
- Tuneduc’s pedagogical platform was implemented in the Public School Education of São Paulo, Mato Grosso do Sul, Pará, Paraíba, Pernambuco, Piauí and Espírito Santo, reaching 6.2 million students.
We thank everyone who was a part of these achievements and wish a happy new year and a succesfull 2019, with even more achievements!